WHO WE ARE
At FilmBar, enjoy food, drinks, movies, and relaxation in our one-of-a-kind independent theater here in downtown Phoenix. We specialize in Indie and Foreign flicks, as well as Cult, Classic, Retro, and Locally Made films. No matter what your taste is, FilmBar has something for you. Choose from a wide variety of craft beer and wine to go along with your picture show experience, and when you get hungry, munch on some tamales, popcorn and candy. Stop by for a drink – stay for a movie!
Each month we present a retro-themed film series that features a new retro film Monday – Friday for only $5. Whatever day it is, FilmBar always has something interesting showing. And if you want FilmBar all to yourself, ask us about renting it out! It’s the ideal venue for Holiday parties, film screenings – any event, really. We’ll handle the audio/visual needs, catering and even the promotion.
FilmBar has won the Phoenix New Time’s Best of Phoenix “Best Indie Cinema” each year since we’ve opened! We have worked each year to refine and improve what we do by working to understand what the community is looking for in an Indie theater. We hope you check us out soon for a truly unique movie theater experience.
AWARDS and ACCOLADES
- Phoenix New Times Best of Phoenix “Best Independent Theater” – 2011, 2012, and 2013, 2014, 2016.
- Currently (mid 2017) #2 on Airbnb’s 30 Best Movie Theaters in Phoenix list.
- Phoenix New Times Best of Phoenix “Best Cinema Class” – 2016
- Phoenix New Times Best of Phoenix “Best Neighborhood Bar” – 2012
- Phoenix New Times Best of Phoenix “Best Weekly Dance Night” (In the FilmBar Lounge) – 2012
- Phoenix Magazine Best of The Valley “Best Cinema” – 2011, 2012
- SWAY Super Swagger Award – 2011
- Phoenix New Times Big Brain Award in Visual Arts – 2011
Specializing in new Independent and Foreign folms, as well as Cult, Classic, Retro, and Locally Made films, FilmBar offers something for everyone!
We hope to see you in soon!